lesson 1: SKIN SCIENCE
- MUST KNOWS about the skin and some science behind it
- Typical Dos and Don'ts for healthy skin
lesson 2: SKIN CARE & FOOD
- Morning & Evening Skin care routine
- How to eat for skin health
lesson 3: Healing skin naturally
- Natural healing remedies
- Simple daily skin healing
lesson 4: ESSENTIAL OIL ESSENTIALS
- Understand what essential oils are
- Learn about the different oils and which one is good for what
Please note that I am not a medical doctor and don't guarantee results from what I'm sharing in this training. If you experience severe skin or health problems, you must contact a doctor or dermatologist. I believe in bio individuality, so what works for someone else might not work for you. Holistic healing with food and other things doesn't happen overnight. There is no magic pill for health. Your job is to find what works for you and your skin and health and keep going with what feels right for you.
SKIN HEALTH: DOS & DON'TS
For healthy skin, I recommend that you DO the following things:
- Cleansing: Always remove your makeup before you go to bed!
- Food: Nourish your skin from the inside with whole food (see more below).
- Natural: Use products with natural ingredients and that are cruelty free (think about the energy, too!)
- Products: Always read the lables of the beauty products before you buy them.
- Scrub: Scrub your face 2-3x per week to activate the blood circulation and get rid of dead skin cells.
- Sleep: Make sure you get at least 7-9hrs of sleep per night, so the skin cells can recover over night.
- Sun protection: 30min per day of sun is healthy, vital, and important for vitamin D production. When you're outside longer, and especially under the midday sun, don't forget to add sun screen to prevent aging.
- Tools: Clean your makeup brushes regularly to avoid bacteria growth. Ideally you use organic cotton cloths to remove your makeup (contact me if you want some of the ones I produced!) and organic cotton buds. Wash your face cloths regularly.
- Water: Drink 2-3l of water per day. Feel free to add some fruits or essential oils for flavor!
For healthy skin, I recommend that you DON'T do the following things:
- Alcohol: Alcoholic beverages are usually very high in sugar, which cause inflammation and dry your skin.
- Overcleansing / Alcohol / Agressive scrubs: These might attack your natural skin protection layer and bring the natural pH level out of balance. Usually also very drying for the skin.
- Pimples: Don't squeeze your pimples! It only causes inflammation and you suffer even longer.
- Products: Don't store your products for years. After a while, they go bad, especially if they're natural. Check the expiration date and stick to it! Bacterias love liquids, creams, foundations etc.!
- Smoking: This is a huge age accelerator and has no health benefits at all.
- Sugar: Excess sugar consumption messes with your body's pH level and causes inflammation, which is the root cause of many illnesses, plus is highly addictive.
- Toxic Detergents: Always wash your clothes and pillow cases (!) with natural detergents.
SKIN CARE & FOOD
SKIN CARE ROUTINES FOR YOUR SKIN condition
A typical skin care routine looks like this:
- Cleansing & Toning:
- Wash your face with a gentle cleanser or use a toner.
- Your skin works overnight and detoxes everything that is not needed. Therefore, you should always remove that layer when you get up in the morning.
- Use a serum (only if you have enough time for it to absorb well!)
- Use a light moisturizer.
- Add sunscreen if you're spending a lot of time outdoors.
- Makeup Removal:
- Remove your eye makeup first with eye makeup remover or coconut oil. Use organic cotton removal cloths. You may use natural coconut oil or olive oil to remove your makeup. Should you have any reactions to it, stop using it.
- Remove the rest of your makeup with a cleanser and warm water to open the pores.
- Cleansing & Toning:
- Scrub your face (2-3 times a week only, I prefer to do this step in the shower!) for deep cleansing.
- Use a toner to close the pores and prevent dirt and makeup to get int your pores. A toner has an astringent effect (pore-minimizing).
- Special Care:
- From time to time, when you feel that your skin needs more nourishment, make a face mask. Take it off after 15-20min.
- Apply eye cream around your eyes. The skin here is extremely thin and tends to wrinkle quicker than other parts of our face. That's why it needs extra care.
- Use a serum for extra vitamins and nourishment for your skin.
- Use a nourishing night cream. Night creams are called night creams, because they are more nourishing and promote cell reproduction, which happens overnight.
YOUR SKIN CARE SET
When you put together a set of skin care products for yourself, it's not just about following my instructions. Your set has to fit your schedule and your lifestyle as well. Maybe you don't want to use so many products and want to be quick and fast in your bathroom. So you'd go for cleansing and hydration only, which is totally fine. Just find what works for you.
Ideally you use products from the same brand for all of your skin care steps. These products were formulated to work together. When you mix and match, your skin is more likely to show sensitive reactions.
Really your skin care set should be something you look forward to using every day! It should be something that makes you feel good and that you LOVE using! If that's not the case for you yet, it's likely that you need to adjust some things for you.
You can find the links to some of the products I use on the resources page!
SKIN FOODS - HOW TO EAT FOR YOUR SKIN
Not only what we put on our skin, but also what you eat plays a big role in our skin health! Depending on your current skin condition, you might want to eat more of certain foods to support your skin from the inside. Remember that about 70% of our immune system is in the gut - therefore, the food matters!
> FOR DRY & SENSITIVE SKIN (hydrating)
Cucumber (when you cut a cucumber, it looks like an actual skin cell!)
Aloe vera (the healing plant of thousands of years!)
Water (add lemons, berries, cucumber slices, mint leaves to add flavor)
> FOR OILY SKIN (nourishing, high in omega 3)
Healthy oils (e.g. cold-pressed olive oil)
Nuts (e.g. walnuts)
Seeds (e.g. sesame, chia, pumpkin)
Mint (reduces the sebum production)
> TO FIGHT ACNE (high in nutrients, antiseptic, aids digestion)
> TO PREVENT AGING (anti-aging / antioxidant)
Dark leafy greens
HEALING SKIN NATURALLY
NATURAL SKIN HEALING REMEDIES
> OIL PULLING
My very first beauty task in the morning is: oil pulling. Oil pulling comes from the Ayurvedic medicine. You swish oil in your mouth to extract toxins and bad bacteria from your body. You can use any of these oils for oil pulling:
- Coconut oil (especially good in summer because of its cooling effect)
- Sesame oil (especially good in winter because of its warming effect)
- Olive oil
Take 1 tbsp of oil and swish it around your mouth for 5-20min. In the meantime, you just continue with your morning routine.
NOTE: The coconut oil can be firm, especially in winter, but it will quickly liquify in your mouth. If you're just beginning with this practice, start with 5min and increase it over time.
IMPORTANT: Once you’re done, make sure you dispose it in the garbage, as the oil might clog your sink.
> SOLE WATER
To balance your skin from the inside out, drink a bit of sole water every day. Here's how to do it:
- Get a big chunk of Himalayan Salt and put it into a glass/jar of water. The salt will start to dissolve up to a certain salt content.
- In the morning, take one teaspoon of sole and mix it with a glass of water.
- Drink it.
- Refill the glass with the Himalayan salt whenever needed.
- Continue this routine for 30 days.
> ESSENTIAL OILS
ANTI-AGING: Mix any of the following essential oils with jojoba oil and apply them on your skin for an anti-aging effect:
ACNE: Mix any of the following oils with manuka honey and wash your face with it. You can also massage the mixture into your skin or apply as compresses:
- Melaleuca (Tea tree oil)
ESSENTIAL OILS ESSENTIALS
WHAT ARE ESSENTIAL OILS And how do they work?
Essential oils are a gift from nature. They say it's the lifeblood of the plants, it's actually the aromatic compound, so if you smell a rose, fresh mint leaves, or rosemary, that smell is the essence. Plants use/have this oil to protect themselves in their environment, plus it's in all parts of the plants, so from the root to the leaves to the blossoms.
The quality of the soil, the weather, the season have a huge impact on the quality of the oil. The best oils are grown without pesticides and chemicals. When we use essential oils on our bodies, they flow quickly into the cell membranes, so therefore, high quality is key! You can find the link to order high quality oils at the end of this lesson.
HOW CAN I USE ESSENTIAL OILS?
Essential oils can be used on the skin and can be diffused with an oil diffuser. Some of them can even be used internally, meaning that you can add a few drops to water or even food.
I personally love rubbing the oils on the wrist of my hands, or on certain areas of my body where I experience stress or pain (e.g. throat, neck, belly). Some of the stronger oils might need to be mixed with a carrier oil first, so when you use oils for the first time, make sure you follow the instructions.
I love diffusing oils while I work from home, while I iron my clothes, or while I meditate. I just pick an oil that reflects my mood or gives me what I'm looking for (e.g. peace and calm, energy boosting etc.)
WHICH OILS ARE GOOD FOR ME RIGHT NOW?
There are SO MANY oils for SO MANY purposes! Plus the use of the oils is also very individual. So I might love an oil that you can't even smell :) There are also blends of different oils that work together in harmony. Take a few months to discover what works for you, but there are certain oils that are especially good for certain chakras and situations!
OILS FOR THE ROOT CHAKRA - GROUNDING, FEELING SAFE:
- Since it's all about being grounded, tree oils are really good for the root, as they grow into mother earth with their roots, such as Cedarwood
- Frankincense (the oil of fatherhood, if any father stories are present)
- Blend called "Balance - Grounding Blend" for balance and grounding
OILS FOR THE SACRAL CHAKRA - CREATIVITY & EMOTIONS:
- All citrus oils are great here, as they are very cleansing, purifying, uplifting and boost creativity! E.g. Lemon, Wild Orange
- Ylang Ylang (to connect with your inner child)
- Blend called "Motivate" (for creativity)
- Myrrh (the oil of motherhood, if any mother stories are present)
OILS FOR THE SOLAR PLEXUS CHAKRA - SHINE YOUR LIGHT & GLOW:
- Lemon (detoxing) & Lemongrass (cleanses spiritual energies, setting your boundaries)
- Ylang Ylang (for being authentic self)
- Melaleuca (= tea tree oil)
- Fennel, Ginger & DigestZen (to aid digestion)
OILS FOR THE HEART CHAKRA - GIVE & RECEIVE LOVE:
- Thyme, Rosemary, Marjoram
- Geranium (the oil of love!)
- Rose (amazing for healthy skin!)
- Clary Sage & Clary Calm (help with menstruation issues)
OILS FOR THE THROAT CHAKRA - SPEAK YOUR TRUTH:
- Lemon, Orange, Bergamot (detoxing)
- Peppermint (for joy and bravery, good for the respiratory system)
- Eucalyptus (for lungs)
- You can add a few drops to your water of the lemon, orange, peppermint oil (only doTerra oils!)
OILS FOR THE THIRD EYE CHAKRA - CLARITY & VISION:
- Clary Sage (for clarity and vision, and the strength to look)
- Lavender (to relax) & Camomile
- Juniper Berry (to ease the fear of the dark and unknown)
OILS FOR THE CROWN CHAKRA - FLOW & MISSION :
SHOP Your oils
I've used essential oils for years, and e.g. always have a lavender oil with me I use it when I can't sleep, when I'm nervous, or can't control my thoughts. It gives me instant clarity and relaxation!
There are so many oils for so many purposes You'd want to get more clarity on your chakra blocks first, and then order some oils for whatever purpose you feel you need right now.
If you have any questions or are looking for specific recommendations, just post them in the FB group!
The oil brand I use is doTerra. I love doTerra oils, as their quality is pure and extremely high. I also have their diffuser (there are several options!) and use it almost daily when I'm at home.
(click on Shop to select your country and language)
LET'S HAVE A VIRTUAL CUP OF TEA!
What questions do you have about this module? What came up for you? How are you feeling about everything? What specific situations have you experienced in your life that you'd like to share with all the glow girls?
Head over to the FB group and share your BIGGEST WIN from this module with us! I wanna hear what you're working on!
Click below to buy skin care and get one of my favorite book tips on skin health!
2017-2018 © Martina Fink
All content of this course is property of Martina Fink and cannot be distributed or copied without permission.