lesson 1: AN INTRODUCTION TO LOVE
- Heart Chakra, Sacral Chakra, Solar Plexus and Self-Care
- About Forgiveness and Karma
lesson 2: self-care & rituals
- What it REALLY means to put yourself first
- Luxury inside and outside self-care rituals
lesson 3: NOURISHING relationships & YOUR ENVIRONMENT
- How your environment impacts your confidence
- Let go of toxic relationships
lesson 4: the science & benefits of meditation
- The science behind Meditation
- The countless meditation benefits
AN INTRODUCTION TO LOVE
WELCOME TO L.O.V.E.
All exercises are in this workbook.
CLICK ON THE IMAGE OR BELOW TO DOWNLOAD THE WORKBOOK
HOW THE CHAKRAS ARE CONNECTED TO LOVE
There are certain chakras that have a deeper connection with self-love, self-care, and love in general. I want to go more into these chakras to help you understand that love is not only what comes from the heart. Love is deeply rooted in past experiences and in our presence in the here and now. Even though you might remember part of this from earlier modules, I want you to really FEEL these chakras and use them to change EVERYTHING in your life by putting yourself first and by getting a level of confidence that others won't be able to resist!
Read through this first and then take some time to go through the workbook and tap into your chakras.
The 4th Chakra: The Heart Chakra
This is probably the most obvious chakra in connection with love. In this chakra, the feminine and masculine energy come together. It's about giving and receiving love. Receiving love from others, giving love to others, but also giving and receiving love from YOURSELF! It's about loving yourself unconditionally. No matter what happened to you in your past, no matter how imperfect you are (because on top of that, there is no such thing like perfection!), no matter how far away you are from your ideal self or from your dream life.
Being loving and kind with yourself is the utmost priority you should have in your life!
Remember: Never treat yourself in a way that you won't treat your best friends! Saying BS to yourself? Ask yourself: Would I say this to my girlfriend? If not, don't say it to yourself either. We usually treat others how we want to be treated by others. So start by doing the same with yourself!
Because: If you treat yourself like BS, you can't expect others to treat you any better. Everything is energy. With the way you treat yourself, you're radiating a certain frequency that others will resonate with. If it's a low frequency, people with a low frequency will be attracted. If you're radiating a high frequency, people with a high frequency will resonate with that. This is just how the law of attraction works.
You always have to start with yourself first. Treat yourself like you want others to treat you. Treat yourself as though you already are that queen, that dream beauty, that legend, that legacy!
"Be the change you want to see in the world."
- Mahatma Gandhi
The 3rd Chakra: Solar Plexus Chakra
This chakra is all about being your authentic and true self. Where are you not being your true essence? Where are you not behaving to your ideal? Where are you holding back? Where are you hiding your light and your gifts from the world? And why do you think that is? Where in your life are you not motivated 100%?
By being your true self, you can step into your power. You can be in flow. You can jump out of bed every single morning and just be excited, happy, and feeling grateful for your life! Trust me, this is how I feel most of the time! But I'm honest with you - it hasn't always been like that. Not until I discovered the chakras and got more clarity about what was REALLY going on in my life. Today, it's different! And that's because I am working on being my most TRUE, AUTHENTIC self possible. Every single day!
Does that mean to say goodbye to certain people? Yes. Does that mean changing your priorities in your schedule? Absolutely. And yes, sometimes, prioritizing yourself can be painful at first. But it's the only think to do to get that life you deserve and dream of. Does that mean you will feel better? OH YES!!
Let me share some personal stories with you. Here's how I worked on balancing my solar plexus chakra, and what I've changed in the last few months to become a more real, authentic Martina:
- I started sharing my story of being bullied as a little girl. It's nothing I need to hide. It's part of my story. It makes me who I am today.
- I started learning to play the guitar. My dad was a guitar teacher, but I never took advantage of it until recently. Music has always been a huge part of my life, but I often forgot about it and had "other important things" to do. I wasn't my authentic essence anymore. So now I'm back on track!
- I hired a personal trainer. You know that I'm all about being healthy and fit, so I need to do the work, too! I was absolutely unable to be disciplined and motivated enough to work out in groups and leave the house after a day of working from home. So I figured I needed some help. A personal trainer did the trick for me!
- I started doing Instagram stories and share my inspiration from everyday life. While I used to think that social media was stressful and a lot of nonsense, I changed my intention and started sharing what I believe is inspiration for people about living a healthy, fun, conscious, and glowing life. I'm just sharing my true self there every single day.
- I started scheduling in free time. I am an absolute workaholic!! (lol, not sure if you can tell ;)) I could work until 1am sometimes and skip days off a few weeks in a row! I HAD to start scheduling time in for no-work-time, for spa treatments, for workouts, for meditation. My rule: When it's not in my calendar, it's not happening! So self-care needs to be in there, too!
- On Jan 1, 2017, I decided that I wanted to travel once a month this year. I've been to over 34 countries and I noticed that whenever I travel, I am feeling light, free, abundant, and magical things just kept falling into place! In order to get more magic and miracles, I figured I needed to put myself more into that vibration and I needed to travel more. And so it is!
- I checkin with my self daily. Morning and evening. How am I feeling? What went well? What could have been better? What's disturbing me that I need to speak up about? I always know what's going on inside of me, so I can be my best self on the outside, as well.
- I'm continually learning and growing. I listen to audiobooks, lectures, read books, and attend trainings, workshops, online courses, and retreats. You can only grow or die. You'd rather grow. Learn something new every day and work on improving the things you're not 100% happy with yet.
The 2nd Chakra - The Sacral Chakra
This chakra is deeply connected with our emotions, with past trauma and dramas, with our ability to express our creativity, which all impacts our self-confidence. Traumatic experiences from our past are almost like engraved in our energetic body. We cannot just ignore and try to forget those experiences. They will continue to manifest over and over, until we finally face the fears. We really need to work through them and consciously forgive and let go in order to break free from the limitations these experiences make us hold on to.
Here's my example: I was bullied when I was little. Probably until I wasn't so little anymore. I had that feeling of "not being good enough" for all the friends at school. I always felt like I didn't belong to the group, that I wasn't "cool enough". I always tried to FIT IN, completely ignoring my true nature and just trying to act a certain way, so the other kids would like me. This feeling of "not being good enough" manifested in many relationships with guys, where I was totally unaware that there were other women that were "more important" than me, and also in my professional life, where at some point, I had so much responsibility as a "manager", but wasn't paid accordingly yet. Of course, I was not consciously aware of the fact that these were all manifestations from my childhood drama of not being good enough!
In order to work through this trauma, I had to do a lot of work on myself. Self-love practices, forgiving work, sessions with therapists, psychologists, and coaches, saying healing prayers, Reiki, journaling, healing meditations, conversations with people I love... The list goes on. Healing doesn't happen overnight, but it's the only way to finally #letgoandglow and step into your best self. I am still not 100% healed, over and over again I face situations where I notice that this feelings creeps back up and tries to take over. It all starts with awareness and the conscious mind noticing what's going on. Then, you can start working on it.
FORGIVENESS & KARMA
The victim mindset...
We are not victims. Maybe you were brought up in a victim mindset. Maybe you had horrible things happen to you in the past that made you feel like you were a victim.
Starting from today, I want you to change your mindset around this. I strongly believe that everything happens for a reason. Nothing justifies bad, violent, abusive behavior of anybody. Remember that this is THEIR story, THEIR beliefs, THEIR mindset. It has nothing to do with you. Your part in the story is your reaction. It's about your perception of the situation. You ONLY deserve the best. You ONLY deserve LOVE. You are LOVE. And from today moving forward, you can turn things around and see everything that happened to you in the past as a blessing that brought you where you are today.
A word about Karma...
Karma comes from ancient Asian cultures and basically says that everything happens for a reason. When you're good with others and yourself, more good things will come and flow towards you. When you're bad, you'll also attract more bad things in the future. So when someone treated you bad, this person's karma will take care of it. It's almost like the universe will take care of it.
Whatever happened to you is the past. Life, God, the Universe wanted to show you that you're not on the right pat. That something was wrong there (I could tell you lots of stories about this!!!), but you didn't pay attention. You can't change your past. But you can trust that the right things will come to you when you're acting from your highest self and with a positive intention. When your level of awareness is high and receptive, you can be sure no negative surprises will show up in your life.
Where in your life do you need to forgive? Who do you need to forgive? Don't forget to forgive yourself, too... This is a big one... We constantly have that negative conversation with ourselves, that inner voice that tells us what's right or wrong. It's a pattern. You did the best you could back then. But from today on, I want you to let go of that and to FULLY FORGIVE YOURSELF for whatever you did to yourself. For all the situations where you were not your best self. For all the times you wished you had done better. For all the people you knew were bad for you, but you tolerated anyway.
SELF-CARE & RITUALS
ARE YOU PUTTING YOURSELF FIRST?
Beautiful. If you're not 100% happy with your life right now, chances are that you're not completely putting yourself first yet. Am I right?
The goal is that in all decisions we take, we put ourselves and our own needs first. It's not about ignoring other people's needs or being egoistic. It's about truly connecting with your deepest desires, knowing what makes you happy, what makes you feel good, and also what doesn't make you feel good! And then saying NO to things, people, situations, events, trips that don't put you in a situation where you can be your best self. We often worry about what others will think about us if we say no. But honestly, what will you think about yourself if go to an event and you feel crap to even leave the house?
What YOU think of yourself is so much more important! It's literally all that matters.
Saying NO can be hard sometimes! It's a throat chakra thing. Speaking your truth (trust me, I know ALL you need to know about this chakra, as this is my biggest block!). When you say NO to other things, it actually means saying YES to yourself! Isn't that wonderful?!
YOUR HOMEWORK: Today, I want you to say NO to ANYTING that does not excite you!
GO FROM "DOING" TO "BEING"
We often speak about doing things for ourselves. This is important to start a new level of awareness. To connect more with yourself, with your emotions, with your intuition. The ultimate goal though is to get from a place of just DOING things to a new state of BEING. It's not that you get up and the first thing you do is meditate. It's that you get up and in order to BE your best self, you need to meditate. It has then become part of your BEING. Take your journal and write about these questions:
What am I doing right now that still feels like "doing"?
THE GLOW RITUAL
your empowering morning ritual
Listen to this empowering soundtrack every morning to get you going, feel powerful, and start your days glowing from the inside out!
I recommend that you do this for at least 21 days to make sure these new beliefs are really firmed in your subconscious mind! Click below to listen and / or download this audio soundtrack!
OUTSIDE LUXURY SELF-LOVE RITUALS
Here's a list of ideas to take the best and most luxurious care of yourself for the outside:
- Get your NAILS done
- Get a MASSAGE or other SPA treatment
- Go to the SAUNA
- Get a BLOW DRY or a HAIR CUT
- Go on a little (conscious) SHOPPING TOUR
- Go to your favorite RESTAURANT by yourself
- Grab a JUICE or a coffee in your fave juice bar with your journal
- Take a solo TRIP to a new city by yourself
- Take a BUBBLE BATH at home with a glass of champagne (or alcohol-free version)
- Go to a YOGA class
- Hire a PERSONAL TRAINER to work out with
- Order a HEALTHY MEAL to your home and relax at home
- Cook yourself a healthy 4-course menu
- Paint your TOE NAILS
- Buy something NEW for your home
- Get yourself that BAG, PURSE, WALLET you've been longing for
- Invest in meaningful, beautiful JEWELRY
- Meet with your BESTIE and spend the night speaking about your life journey
INSIDE LUXURY SELF-LOVE RITUALS
- Do a Self-Love MEDITATION
- Do some YOGA at home
- Go get some REIKI
- Take time for JOURNALING
- Write down 10 things you're GRATEFUL for
- Write down all your IDEAS
- Write down 5 things you DID SUCCESSFULLY today
- Make a VISION BOARD with all your concrete dreams and desires
- VISUALIZE your dream life with your 3rd eye
- Go on a RETREAT (e.g. the Glow Camp!! There's only 1 spot left for the Thailand retreat!)
- Make a list of all the things you want to BE
- Make a list of all the things you want to DO
- Make a list of all the things you want to HAVE
- Write down the I AM STATEMENTS (see workbook)
- Read some AFFIRMATIONS that make you feel AMAZING
- Watch a personal development DOCUMENTARY or MOVIE
- READ A personal growth BOOK (see further resources)
- Have an inspiring CONVERSATION with a friend who's also on a similar journey
- HIRE A COACH
NOURISHING RELATIONSHIPS & YOUR ENVIRONMENT
HOW OUR ENVIRONMENT IMPACTS US
Clearly our health is not only impacted by what we eat. The relationships we have, the physical activity we get, our home environment and our spiritual practice impacts our health greatly. You can eat all the kale and drink all the green juices in the world - if you're in a toxic relationship, if you have a job with a boss that you don't get along, or if you live in a messy home, this will all impact your health dramatically.
This lesson consists mostly of you reflecting on all these areas of your life. Go to your workbook and journal about all of this!
THE SCIENCE & BENEFITS OF MEDITATION
THE SCIENCE BEHIND MEDITATION
Slowly, neuroscience, psychology and biology are catching up with the trend of meditation. There have been conducted lots of studies about the healing results of meditation, and they're mind-blowing! (Information from Jamie Zimmerman / IIN)
THE BENEFITS OF MEDITATION
Meditation has been practices for thousands of years. Buddha, Jesus and other figures in the past knew the power of this simple ancient practice. It's a mind-body complementary therapy to get into a deeper state of relaxation and tranquility. The goal of meditation is always to be in the NOW. Not thinking about yesterday, last year, or your childhood. Not thinking about what you're going to do after the meditation, tomorrow or when you'll have your next vacation! It's about being here right now and only seeing and feeling what's going on right here right now.
Master Oogway in Kungfu Panda, which btw is one of my favorite movies (and is quite spiritual actually!), said these beautiful words before he passed away into heaven:
"Yesterday is History.
Tomorrow is a Mystery.
Today is a Gift, that's why it's called the Present."
I just HAD to share this little sequence with you! Click to watch this 2 minute video to see how he talks about it.
The benefits of meditation are countless. It not only helps decrease stress and overwhelm, it also improves mental clarity, energy levels, and creativity. It is scientifically proven that meditation can help with depression, addiction, anxiety, stress and eating disorders. Meditation helps improve cell health, which is very important for staying young and healthy, helps balance the hormones and reduces blood pressure. (This information is taken from IIN, Institute for Integrative Nutrition).
THE MONKEY MIND
Love how this monk describes what meditation is and how to train our monkey mind (aka mean girl!)
How to meditate
If you are new to meditation, there are a few steps you can follow to create this new practice and habit for yourself. Take a notebook and answer these questions:
- Why do you want to meditate? What is your intention, your goal? What do you want to get out of it? How do you want to feel?
- Start small. No need to sit in silence for an hour! Start with 5 minutes per day, and as you do this regularly, increase the time minute by minute to 10, 20, 30 minutes. (#vulnerabilityalert: I'm somewhere at 20 minutes right now)
- Find the kind of meditation that works for you. It doesn't matter what others do! Do what works for you. Is it guided meditations? Is it just music? Is it mantra meditations? Chakras? Experiment and see what resonates with you. There are all kinds of meditation Apps on the App Store, too! E.g. Headspace, Breathe, Ananda etc. Play around and get curious.
- Stick to it. Creating a daily habit is all about consistency and practice. You need to get into a new routine. Challenge yourself to meditate 5 minutes per day for 21 days and see what happens. 21 day is the timeframe we typically need to adopt new habits.
- Join a group meditation. I'm currently going to meditation classes in Zurich (called NOW meditation). Even though I do meditate daily at home, it still lights me up to go to a guided class and meditate in a group with united energies and spirits. It's a very unique experience and I look forward to the class every single time! And if you don't meditate yet, this might be a good way to start.
LET'S HAVE A VIRTUAL CUP OF TEA!
What questions do you have about this module? What came up for you? How are you feeling about everything? What specific situations have you experienced in your life that you'd like to share with me and all the glow girls?
Head over to the FB group and share your biggest WIN from this module with us! I wanna hear what you're working on!
Read a book about imperfections, and practice the Relaxation Response with Jamie Zimmerman.
2017-2018 © Martina Fink
All content of this course is property of Martina Fink and cannot be distributed or copied without permission.