- MUST KNOWS about the skin and some science
- Match skin condition with skin care routine
- Natural skin healing remedies & food to support skin health
- Redefine your body image
- Discover hidden beliefs about your body and skin
- Make yourself some affirmations for #bodypositivity
- Experiment with different kinds of exercise
- Uplevel your strength! Find a workout routine that actually works for you
- Understand the magic of Yoga
- Understand what essential oils are
- Know how to use them
- Learn about the different oils and which one is good for what
AN INTRODUCTION TO THE SKIN
Please note that I am not a medical doctor and don't guarantee results from what I'm sharing in this training. If you experience severe skin or health problems, you must contact a doctor or dermatologist. I believe in bio individuality, so what works for someone else, might not work for you. Holistic healing with food and other things doesn't happen overnight. There is no magic pill for health. Your job is to find what works for you and your skin and health and keep going with what feels right for you.
I'm happy to answer any questions you might have around this training in the FB group!
SKIN HEALTH: DOS & DON'TS
For healthy skin, I recommend that you DO the following things:
- Cleansing: Always remove your makeup before you go to bed!
- Food: Nourish your skin from the inside with whole food (see more below).
- Natural: Use products with natural ingredients and that are cruelty free (think about the energy, too!)
- Products: Always read the lables of the beauty products before you buy them.
- Scrub: Scrub your face 2-3x per week to activate the blood circulation and get rid of dead skin cells.
- Sleep: Make sure you get at least 7-9hrs of sleep per night, so the skin cells can recover over night.
- Sun protection: 30min per day of sun is healthy, vital, and important for vitamin D production. When you're outside longer, and especially under the midday sun, don't forget to add sun screen to prevent aging.
- Tools: Clean your makeup brushes regularly to avoid bacteria growth. Ideally you use organic cotton cloths to remove your makeup (contact me if you want some of the ones I produced!) and organic cotton buds. Wash your face cloths regularly.
- Water: Drink 2-3l of water per day. Feel free to add some fruits or essential oils for flavor!
For healthy skin, I recommend that you DON'T do the following things:
- Alcohol: Alcoholic beverages are usually very high in sugar, which cause inflammation and dry your skin.
- Overcleansing / Alcohol / Agressive scrubs: These might attack your natural skin protection layer and bring the natural pH level out of balance. Usually also very drying for the skin.
- Pimples: Don't squeeze your pimples! It only causes inflammation and you suffer even longer.
- Products: Don't store your products for years. After a while, they go bad, especially if they're natural. Check the expiration date and stick to it! Bacterias love liquids, creams, foundations etc.!
- Smoking: This is a huge age accelerator and has no health benefits at all.
- Sugar: Excess sugar consumption messes with your body's pH level and causes inflammation, which is the root cause of many illnesses, plus is highly addictive.
- Toxic Detergents: Always wash your clothes and pillow cases (!) with natural detergents.
SKIN CARE ROUTINES FOR YOUR SKIN condition
A typical skin care routine looks like this:
- Cleansing & Toning:
- Wash your face with a gentle cleanser or use a toner.
- Your skin works overnight and detoxes everything that is not needed. Therefore, you should always remove that layer when you get up in the morning.
- Use a serum (only if you have enough time for it to absorb well!)
- Use a light moisturizer.
- Add sunscreen if you're spending a lot of time outdoors.
- Makeup Removal:
- Remove your eye makeup first with eye makeup remover or coconut oil. Use organic cotton removal cloths. You may use natural coconut oil or olive oil to remove your makeup. Should you have any reactions to it, stop using it.
- Remove the rest of your makeup with a cleanser and warm water to open the pores.
- Cleansing & Toning:
- Scrub your face (2-3 times a week only, I prefer to do this step in the shower!) for deep cleansing.
- Use a toner to close the pores and prevent dirt and makeup to get int your pores. A toner has an astringent effect (pore-minimizing).
- Special Care:
- From time to time, when you feel that your skin needs more nourishment, make a face mask. Take it off after 15-20min.
- Apply eye cream around your eyes. The skin here is extremely thin and tends to wrinkle quicker than other parts of our face. That's why it needs extra care.
- Use a serum for extra vitamins and nourishment for your skin.
- Use a nourishing night cream. Night creams are called night creams, because they are more nourishing and promote cell reproduction, which happens overnight.
YOUR SKIN CARE SET
When you put together a set of skin care products for yourself, it's not just about following my instructions. Your set has to fit your schedule and your lifestyle as well. Maybe you don't want to use so many products and want to be quick and fast in your bathroom. So you'd go for cleansing and hydration only, which is totally fine. Just find what works for you.
Ideally you use products from the same brand for all of your skin care steps. These products were formulated to work together. When you mix and match, your skin is more likely to show sensitive reactions.
If you need help putting your set together, post in the FB group what exactly you need help with and we can discuss it there!
Really your skin care set should be something you look forward to using every day! It should be something that makes you feel good and that you LOVE using! If that's not the case for you yet, it's likely that you need to adjust some things for you.
You can find the links to the products I use at the end of this module!
SKIN FOODS - HOW TO EAT FOR YOUR SKIN
Not only what we put on our skin, but also what you eat plays a big role in our skin health! Depending on your current skin condition, you might want to eat more of certain foods to support your skin from the inside. Remember that about 70% of our immune system is in the gut - therefore, the food matters!
> FOR DRY & SENSITIVE SKIN (hydrating)
Cucumber (when you cut a cucumber, it looks like an actual skin cell!)
Aloe vera (the healing plant of thousands of years!)
Water (add lemons, berries, cucumber slices, mint leaves to add flavor)
> FOR OILY SKIN (nourishing, high in omega 3)
Healthy oils (e.g. cold-pressed olive oil)
Nuts (e.g. walnuts)
Seeds (e.g. sesame, chia, pumpkin)
Mint (reduces the sebum production)
> TO FIGHT ACNE (high in nutrients, antiseptic, aids digestion)
> TO PREVENT AGING (anti-aging / antioxidant)
Dark leafy greens
NATURAL SKIN HEALING REMEDIES
> OIL PULLING
My very first beauty task in the morning is: oil pulling. Oil pulling comes from the Ayurvedic medicine. You swish oil in your mouth to extract toxins and bad bacteria from your body. You can use any of these oils for oil pulling:
- Coconut oil (especially good in summer because of its cooling effect)
- Sesame oil (especially good in winter because of its warming effect)
- Olive oil.
Take 1 tbsp of oil and swish it around your mouth for 5-20min. In the meantime, you just continue with your morning routine.
NOTE: The coconut oil can be firm, especially in winter, but it will quickly liquify in your mouth. If you're just beginning with this practice, start with 5min and increase it over time.
IMPORTANT: Once you’re done, make sure you dispose it in the garbage, as the oil might clog your sink.
> SOLE WATER
To balance your skin from the inside out, drink a bit of sole water every day. Here's how to do it:
- Get a big chunk of Himalayan Salt and put it into a glass/jar of water. The salt will start to dissolve up to a certain salt content.
- In the morning, take one teaspoon of sole and mix it with a glass of water.
- Drink it.
- Refill the glass with the Himalayan salt whenever needed.
- Continue this routine for 30 days.
> ESSENTIAL OILS
ANTI-AGING: Mix any of the following essential oils with jojoba oil and apply them on your skin for an anti-aging effect:
ACNE: Mix any of the following oils with manuka honey and wash your face with it. You can also massage the mixture into your skin or apply as compresses:
- Melaleuca (Tea tree oil)
THE POWER OF #BODYPOSITIVITY
This is a really deep topic and requires some time, love, and acceptance from your side to finally tap into that body you've always dreamed of and FEELING amazing in your own skin!
Set aside some time to dig really deep into this workbook and make this an exercise you will never have to go back to, because you'll gain so much clarity and understanding, and you'll be able to be more and more compassionate with yourself. Be honest, gentle and kind with yourself and just do the best you can to up level your life and body image for good.
You can even do a short meditation before you do this exercise, to ground yourself, put your hand on your heart and just see how it feels. Self-love is so freaking powerful, you have no idea :))
>> CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO DOWNLOAD THE WORKBOOK >>
your daily practice
Creating a healthy mindset around your body doesn't happen overnight. Negative beliefs are so deep and you really need some time and efforts to break them and replace them with loving, positive thoughts about yourself. A simple and short daily practice will help you stay focused and will keep your goals on top of your mind! Here are some suggestions for a daily practice. Pick whatever works best for you, but stick to doing this every day for at least one week:
- FREE FLOW JOURNALING: You can either just start writing in your journal, or you can ask a question like "How can I feel better about my body?" or "How can I become more body confident?" and just start writing. As you continue writing, your ego (conscious mind) will get out of the way and your subconscious mind can start its magic. You will be surprise what fantastic ideas will come out of you!
- SET AN INTENTION FOR THE DAY: How do you want to feel today? How do you want to see your body today? What do you tell yourself when you look in the mirror today? Just one little sentence can change so much.
- MAKE A GOAL: What is your goal around your body? How do you want to FEEL? And then go ahead and FEEL that way right now! :)
- DO THE CHAKRA MEDITATION: Go to module 1 and do the chakra meditation. It will help you activate all energy centers and when your energy is in flow, confidence will grow, and your glow can start to develop!
- READ YOUR AFFIRMATIONS: Take the affirmations you wrote down in the workbook and read through them before you get out of bed. You can re-read them before you go to sleep again. These times of the day are the best, because your subconscious mind is still receptive, and affirmations can be programmed directly into your subconscious computer!
INTRODUCING WORKOUT INTO YOUR DAILY LIFE
A HEALTHY BODY IS A STRONG BODY - WORKOUT TYPES
Take your calendar and schedule some sessions in the next two weeks. In your journal, answer these questions:
- What type of exercise are you going to do?
- Where can you do it (gym, outdoors)?
- Will someone join you, or do you prefer to do it alone?
- How will you prioritize this and make sure you don't skip it?
- Who will keep you accountable for actually doing it? Maybe you need to inform your partner or room mate? If not, let us know in the group and we'll hold you accountable!
After completing the workout, journal about these questions:
- How did you feel before the workout?
- How are you feeling now?
- On a scale from 1 to 10, how much did you enjoy it?
- The day after the workout: How are you feeling in your body?
Note that it's all about bio individuality. What works for me might not work for you. Really take your time to experiment different types of workouts and schedules to make sure it suits your lifestyle and makes you feel AMAZING!!
ESSENTIAL OILS ESSENTIALS
WHAT ARE ESSENTIAL OILS And how do they work?
Essential oils are a gift from nature. They say it's the lifeblood of the plants, it's actually the aromatic compound, so if you smell a rose, fresh mint leaves, or rosemary, that smell is the essence. Plants use/have this oil to protect themselves in their environment, plus it's in all parts of the plants, so from the root to the leaves to the blossoms.
The quality of the soil, the weather, the season have a huge impact on the quality of the oil. The best oils are grown without pesticides and chemicals. When we use essential oils on our bodies, they flow quickly into the cell membranes, so therefore, high quality is key! You can find the link to order high quality oils at the end of lesson 4!
HOW CAN I USE ESSENTIAL OILS?
Essential oils can be used on the skin and can be diffused with an oil diffuser. Some of them can even be used internally, meaning that you can add a few drops to water or even food.
I personally love rubbing the oils on the wrist of my hands, or on certain areas of my body where I experience stress or pain (e.g. throat, neck, belly). Some of the stronger oils might need to be mixed with a carrier oil first, so when you use oils for the first time, make sure you follow the instructions.
I love diffusing oils while I work from home, while I iron my clothes, or while I meditate. I just pick an oil that reflects my mood or gives me what I'm looking for (e.g. peace and calm, energy boosting etc.)
WHICH OILS ARE GOOD FOR ME RIGHT NOW?
There are SO MANY oils for SO MANY purposes! Plus the use of the oils is also very individual. So I might love an oil that you can't even smell :) There are also blends of different oils that work together in harmony. Take a few months to discover what works for you, but there are certain oils that are especially good for certain chakras and situations!
OILS FOR THE ROOT CHAKRA - GROUNDING, FEELING SAFE:
- Since it's all about being grounded, tree oils are really good for the root, as they grow into mother earth with their roots, such as Cedarwood
- Frankincense (the oil of fatherhood, if any father stories are present)
- Blend called "Balance - Grounding Blend" for balance and grounding
OILS FOR THE SACRAL CHAKRA - CREATIVITY & EMOTIONS:
- All citrus oils are great here, as they are very cleansing, purifying, uplifting and boost creativity! E.g. Lemon, Wild Orange
- Ylang Ylang (to connect with your inner child)
- Blend called "Motivate" (for creativity)
- Myrrh (the oil of motherhood, if any mother stories are present)
OILS FOR THE SOLAR PLEXUS CHAKRA - SHINE YOUR LIGHT & GLOW:
- Lemon (detoxing) & Lemongrass (cleanses spiritual energies, setting your boundaries)
- Ylang Ylang (for being authentic self)
- Melaleuca (= tea tree oil)
- Fennel, Ginger & DigestZen (to aid digestion)
OILS FOR THE HEART CHAKRA - GIVE & RECEIVE LOVE:
- Thyme, Rosemary, Marjoram
- Geranium (the oil of love!)
- Rose (amazing for healthy skin!)
- Clary Sage & Clary Calm (help with menstruation issues)
OILS FOR THE THROAT CHAKRA - SPEAK YOUR TRUTH:
- Lemon, Orange, Bergamot (detoxing)
- Peppermint (for joy and bravery, good for the respiratory system)
- Eucalyptus (for lungs)
- You can add a few drops to your water of the lemon, orange, peppermint oil (only doTerra oils!)
OILS FOR THE THIRD EYE CHAKRA - CLARITY & VISION:
- Clary Sage (for clarity and vision, and the strength to look)
- Lavender (to relax) & Camomile
- Juniper Berry (to ease the fear of the dark and unknown)
OILS FOR THE CROWN CHAKRA - FLOW & MISSION :
SHOP Your oils
I've used essential oils for years, and e.g. always have a lavender oil with me I use it when I can't sleep, when I'm nervous, or can't control my thoughts. It gives me instant clarity and relaxation!
There are so many oils for so many purposes You'd want to get more clarity on your chakra blocks first, and then order some oils for whatever purpose you feel you need right now.
If you have any questions or are looking for specific recommendations, just post them in the FB group!
The oil brand I use is doTerra. I love doTerra oils, as their quality is pure and extremely high. I also have their diffuser (there are several options!) and use it almost daily when I'm at home.
LET'S HAVE A VIRTUAL CUP OF TEA!
What questions do you have about this module? What came up for you? How are you feeling about everything? What specific situations have you experienced in your life that you'd like to share with all the glow girls?
>> Head over to the FB group and share your biggest WIN from this module with us! I wanna hear what you're working on!
GET YOURSELF SOME MAKEUP AND SKIN CARE
Forever Living Products (pesticide- & herbicide-free aloe vera, no animal testing, made in the USA)
RINGANA (all natural ingredients, made in Austria, no preservatives)
Lillybell (all organic ingredients, US products, shipped all over Europe)
With the promo code "bleibschön10", you get CHF10.- off your first order!
MOVIES / DOCUMENTARIES
Watch the trailer here. You can find the full movie on iTunes and Netflix.
The Beauty Detox Power - by Kimberly Snyder, Hollywoods No. 1 Nutritionist
All about how the mind impacts the way you think about your body, incl. lots of delicious vegan recipes!
The Goddess Revolution - by Mel Wells (I met her in Bali this year!)
All about healing your relationship with food and accepting your body as it is. Very inspiring!!
Skin Cleanse - by Adina Grigore
All about the beauty industry and how to heal your skin from the inside. Lots of valuable information and inspiration to trust in nature!
2017 © Martina Fink
All content of this course is property of Martina Fink and cannot be distributed or copied without permission.