I LOVE these last days of the year so much! What I do is take a few hours just for myself with a cup of tea, my diary and just start writing. I write about how the past year was for me, how I felt and what was good, and also, what was not so good. If you like doing exercises like this, further down, I’m sharing a few questions that I also work through with my clients. They will guide you through the process. But first, I want to share with you some of my major reflections on how 2016 was for me!
- I have been happier than ever before, because I’m truly living my purpose and am in full control of what’s happening in my life
- I cooked 90% of my food at home, which has had a major impact on my health, my weight, and my body energy
- I made peace with my body, accepting it the way it is with the goal to be healthy instead of skinny and firm
- I started personal training in Muay Thai boxing, because I always skipped those evening classes, since I was just too tired to leave the house again, LOL!!
- I did Yoga almost every week
- I finally fell in love with Meditation **YAYYYY**
- I’m more conscious about everything in my life than ever before (my clothes, my food, beauty products, waste, beliefs etc. EVERYTHING!!)
- I spent more time with my family this year than I probably did in 2 years together
- I’ve released so much BS from the past and worked BIG TIME on creating a powerful future for myself
- I worked with some really amazing women to help them discover their real beauty, find balance every day, and take full ownership of what their future is going to be like
- I hired a coach to help me clear all kinds of blocks, create empowering beliefs instead and help me create a plan to get me faster to where I want to be
- I joined an amazing group program that helps me use my energies to the fullest (and I met some amazing women in that program, too!)
- I came across some freaking amazing women who have similar expectations about their life and their future
- I was invited to host the second Cetaphil Experience in Bali
- I became a guest blogger for Indonesia’s biggest online women magazine, Popbela
- Besides Bali, I traveled to San Francisco, Nice, Monaco, Málaga, Calgary, Vigo, Madrid, Oslo, Phuket, Cayman Islands and Miami
- I hostet a presentation for almost 200 women at UBS, one of the biggest banks in Switzerland
- I did lots of wedding makeups and beauty workshops, among others in Thailand and in Spain
- and so much more…!!!
When I read this, it feels like it’s almost impossible to achieve all of this in just one year! It’s not that I want to show off with how much I did. We all have 365 days a year. And this is to show you that YOU are in control of your life and YOU have the power to change ANYTHING at ANYTIME in your life, and use those 365 days to live the life you truly want!
So, now it’s your turn!
And NO, it’s not enough to just answer all these questions in your mind, girl! You HAVE to write them on a piece of paper!
These are lots of very detailed questions, but the truth is: the more detailed you can get, the easier it is to achieve your goals. Let’s say you want to be „happier“ in 2017. What does that mean? How do you know when you achieved that goal? It’s just not specific enough! Get to the bottom line and find WHAT EXACTLY is going to make you „happier“. Spending more time with your girlfriends? Traveling the world? Doing yoga 3 times a week?
- What are you MOST proud of achieving this year?
- Where were you not your best and most beautiful self? And why?
- What did you really want to do, but ended up not doing? Why?
- How do you FEEL when you look back on the last 12 months? Happy? Stressed out? Grateful?
I also write about 2017!
What do I want this year to be for me? What are my dreams that I REALLY want to achieve? If you’re not so much into journaling yet, then do these questions instead of the 2016 ones above. This exercise is even far more important than the last one! Why? Because the past is the past, you really can’t change anything about it, but you are in total control of what your future is going to look like! For me, 2017 is going to be the best year EVER! Here are some of my very personal goals for the coming year:
- I decided to travel every month, because it makes me happy (and the first 5 trips are already scheduled!!)
- I will continue with personal training and yoga, and on top of that, I want to go back to dance classes
- I will meditate and journal daily
- I’m creating my first group program!!! To help many more women discover their true beauty and support them on their journey to a happy and fulfilling life
- I will do everything I can to get rid of whatever is blocking me, because it sets me free
- I want to learn from the best and continue to invest in myself, because working with a coach has changed my life completely ever since I started with her (thanks, coach!!)
- I want to take more time for reading, be curious, and continue to learn new things
- I want to support women on their journey to less stress and better health with their food choices
- and so much more…!!!
And I also have clear lifestyle and business goals mapped out for the next few months and the whole year. Sounds like a lot of work? YES. Is it fun? Oh, YES!! And believe me, once you start doing more of this, you will realize how powerful this stuff is!!! I have literally manifested so many things this year that I never thought possible!
So, here are YOUR questions for the New Year!
- What do you really want to do in 2017?
- What are your biggest goals? Write your goals down for 3 months, 6 months and 1 year. And be VERY detailed about it.
- What is there that you’ve always wanted to change, but haven’t changed so far? Maybe you want to lose weight, eat healthier, or finally start working out regularly. On a scale from 1-10, how important is it for you to change this?
- Where do you want to travel to?
- Who do you want to meet? Maybe a celebrity, new girlfriends, or your perfect soulmate?
- Think about December 31, 2017! What would you want to look back on?
- How do you want to FEEL in 2017?
- Who do you want to spend more time with?
- What are you going to do for your health?
- What is going to make you happy in 2017?
And feel free to write out anything else that comes to your mind, too! This is just to give you a bit of a roadmap to get started. If you’re feeling blocked and need some help finding good goals for the new year, I totally understand! I’ve been there myself and know exactly how it feels to be lost and trapped in everyday life! Are you scared you might not reach your goals? Don’t worry at all. It’s only fear, and your subconscious mind will always try to keep you where you are, because that’s where you are “safe”. As soon as we leave our comfort zone, we easily get scared (this actually comes from our ancestors living in the wild!!!). BUT there’s nothing to stop you but YOU! I’ve seen so many women transform their lives in the past months and years, and you can absolutely be one of them in 2017, too! Let’s talk about it and see how you can make 2017 the best year ever for yourself! Book your discovery call, and I’ll help you get those goals together, so you can fully enjoy 2017!